Sunday 5 January 2014

A lightbulb moment...

genius
Hey!

Happy Sunday! I hope the weekend is treating you well. For us it's been a weekend of sorting and organising. Admittedly it's kinda tedious, but the end result is so refreshing. I even have a tidy creative space; you can see my desk and everything! Not sure how long it'll remain in that state though LOL!

I'm here with the final day of sneaky peeks from the Clearly Besotted Stamps January release (available for purchase tomorrow 10pm GMT) and today's card is giving you a peek at what I think is a versatile die. :)

I had a lightbulb moment when I checked out the coordinating dies for the new set, Up in the Air. You could even call it a literal lightbulb moment as that balloon-shaped die transformed into a lightbulb shape before my very eyes!

genius

This was so easy to create. If you're interested, here's how easy it is:
  • Die-cut the balloon/lightbulb shape from yellow and light grey card
  • Stamp a lightbulb related sentiment on the yellow die cut
  • Smother in Glossy Accents 
  • Practice patience in waiting for it to dry! ;P
  • Decorate by adding detail on grey die cut to adhere to shape and add extra shine with a white gel pen
So there you have it: a balloon die disguised as a lightbulb!

genius

Here's a shot to show those Glossy Accents at work. :)

genius
Right, I'm off to create some crafting chaos in my tidy craft area. I'm going to promise myself that I'll tidy up after *wink*. In the meantime, why not pop across to Stephanie's for more sneak peeks? :)

Thanks so much for visiting today!

Signature2



18 comments:

Mandy said...

what a great idea !! super card xx

Stephanie said...

You ARE a genius and I bow to your superior crafting innovativeness!! xxx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Wow this is awesome sweetie and such a great idea too...
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Emma said...

Each of your wonderful creations is a light bulb moment to me. YOU are the genius!

Sherrie M. said...

Wow, definitely a genius idea.

Ruth S, justsomestuffimade.com said...

'Genius' idea to create a lightbulb ;) And I think you must have patience in spades, waiting for the Glossy Accents to dry!! Rx

Unknown said...

so cute! very creative

cm said...

Such a sweet card; wonderful 'take' on the balloon! LOVE it!
c

Lynn said...

Absolutely genius...I love how you always stretch your supplies Aimes.

Judith said...

Wow, a GENIUS idea!!!

Maureen said...

eek! Duchess! This is fabulous! You've worked your amazing magic again! Love it! Ah, I've cleaned up my studio too! I'm afraid to use it now! LOL Feels good to go through things and vacuum! ox (70 more days now! lol )

Indy's Designs said...

Adorable! I agree with practicing patience for Glossy Accents to dry. Maybe we should collaborate and come up with a faster drying formula! ;)
Hugs,
Debbie

~amy~ said...

Oh this is way too much fun!

Bethany Stellpflug said...

This is "Genius!" ;)

Cindy Lovell said...

Awesome!! Love the way you used the balloon die!!!

Taheerah said...

This card belongs to you. *wink* You need to keep it in your crafting space to remind yourself just what a genius you are!!

Lindsey said...

Amazing, Amy! Genius is the perfect word to describe it.

sandie said...

This is genius, naturally my friend!!

Post a Comment

Copyright/Disclosure

I am on various design teams and receive free product to use and promote. I geniunely love the products of the companies and all opinons are honest and my own.

I'm flattered if I've inspired you and you want to CASE anything of mine, but please don't enter it for commercial publications or competitions.
Thank You!
All designs, text, and photographs on Crafting Confessions are ©2009-2016 to Amy Gray unless stated otherwise.